Edith & Jaz values its customers and knows that they care about how their personal data is used and shared. Edith & Jaz appreciates the trust its customers place in it, and ensures that all personal data is treated appropriately.
Edith & Jaz (“the Company”) obtains personal information from each customer in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) and uses the best endeavors to protect personal information by managing it in an appropriate and strict manner.
2. Use of Customer Information
(1) The Company may ask customers visiting the website to voluntarily provide personal information. The personal information provided, the records of the customer’s future visits, orders, purchases and repair orders, and any subsequent information provided by the customer either in addition to, or amending the existing registered personal information, will be hereinafter called the “Customer Information”.
(2) The Company will use the Customer Information for:
– Product and repair order fulfillment, and after service
– Direct mail for announcing new products and events
– Service improvement study
– Internal market research
3. Joint Use of Customer Information
(1) The Company will use the Customer Information provided by customers jointly among Edith & Jaz and its related sister companies.
(2) Any joint use of the Customer Information stipulated in 3(1) will be conducted within the scope of the purposes of use specified in 2(2). The Company will assume full responsibility for all requests for disclosure, amendment, deletion, etc. of the Customer Information to be jointly used. Customers should contact us as shown in 6 to request disclosure, amendment or deletion of their Customer Information.
4. Provision of Customer Information to Third Party
Other than as specified in 5(2), or unless otherwise provided by law, the Company will not disclose or provide the Customer Information to any third party without obtaining the relevant customer’s approval.
5. Management of Customer Information
(1) The Customer Information provided will be appropriately kept and managed in accordance with the law of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
(2) The Company sometimes employs an external service provider to perform the processing or management of the Customer Information. In that case, the Company will take an appropriate partner at its responsibility and perform necessary and appropriate supervision over such service provider.
6. Customer Information Disclosure, Amendment or Deletion
(1) With respect to the disclosure of, amendment to or deletion of the contents of the Customer Information, please contact us at email@example.com.
(2) In the case where a customer who has voluntarily submitted Customer Information to the Company does not interact or communicate with the Company for an extended period of time, the Company may delete Customer Information submitted by that customer and registered in the Company’s system. If the customer subsequently requests the Company for disclosure, amendment, deletion, etc. of their Customer Information after it has been destroyed, the Company will inform them of such fact.
Any personal information you make available to Edith & Jaz is done so voluntarily, with your knowledge and consent when making a request, submission or registration for services from Edith & Jaz.
Other than as stated above, Edith & Jaz will not use your personal data for unsolicited communications and we do not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal data submitted to us to any third parties unless it is to our legal advisors or where so required by law or a court decision. Edith & Jaz will use its best endeavours to ensure that such data is kept secure at all times.
In all cases and on request, Edith & Jaz will remove your personal information from its database thereby cancelling your registration to any of the Edith & Jaz services. You are also advised that upon written request you may inspect your personal data and/or request that information about you be corrected, amended or deleted.
The information on the Website is intended for general information purposes only. Edith & Jaz tries to ensure that the information provided is accurate and complete. However, Edith & Jaz does not warrant or represent that its material is accurate, error-free or reliable or that use of Edith & Jaz’s Material will not infringe rights of third parties. Use of the Website is at Users’ risk.
Edith & Jaz does not warrant that the functional and/or technical aspects of the Website or Edith & Jaz’s material will be error free or that this Website, Edith & Jaz’s Material or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. If use of this Website, or Edith & Jaz’s Material results in the need for servicing or replacing property, material, equipment or data, Edith & Jaz is not responsible for those costs. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided to Users “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, REASONABLE CARE AND SKILL, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Edith & Jaz and its suppliers make no warranties about the Edith & Jaz material, software text, downloads, graphics, and links, or about results to be obtained from using the Website. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, consequently some of the above exclusions may not apply.
Links to other websites operated by third parties not affiliated to Edith & Jaz may be indicated on the Website. The inclusion of any link to such third party sites does not imply endorsement by Edith & Jaz of those sites. Edith & Jaz has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Website and is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to this Website. Linking to any other off-site pages or third sites is at Users’ own risk.
Users agree that Edith & Jaz may terminate Users’ access to and use of the Website if Edith & Jaz reasonably believes that Users have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement, or violated the rights of Edith & Jaz or any third party, or for any reason with or without notice to User. Users agree that Edith & Jaz may modify or discontinue this Website, with or without notice to them. Users agree that Edith & Jaz will not be liable to them or any third party as a result of such modification or discontinuation. The provisions entitled “Disclaimer,” “Limitation of Liability,” and “General Provisions” will survive termination of these Terms.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances whatsoever shall Edith & Jaz be liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with the use of information available from this Website whether direct or indirect including, without limitation, any liability relating to any loss of use, interruption of business, lost profits or lost data, or incidental, special or consequential damages of any kind regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, even if Edith & Jaz has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states and countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not be operable.
Unless otherwise specified, the information and materials in the site are presented solely for the purpose of promoting the products and services of Edith & Jaz. Edith & Jaz makes no representation that Edith & Jaz’s material is appropriate or available for use in every country of the world. Users use this Website at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws, keeping in mind that access to Edith & Jaz’s material may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries.
Date of Posting: March 2014